Today was full of stressors – at work and in life. I went for a 3 mile run this morning to try and combat the stress. But those endorphins only lasted so long, and then I began to internalize the stress. Instead of realizing I was feeling down because of work related issues, I distracted myself from all of that by feeling bad about my body. It’s been rather difficult keeping up with priorities while still preparing all of my vegan meals in advance. Some days I am travelling hours between cities for work, and my workouts haven’t been as intense as I’d like. I’ve gained weight. My energy is so low.
I kept thinking these negative thoughts instead of positive ones! Such as:
- I’ve noticed my HIIT sessions on the treadmill are now ranging from 6.2 – 10.0 MPH.
- And I’m able to run during HIIT longer before having to stop and walk.
- I can curl more weight than ever.
- I exercise every single day, because it’s truly my sanity.
- And then, I went to the gym today – and truly saw myself in the mirror. I looked myself in the eyes, and said “YOU ARE REALLY DOING THIS! THERE IS SO MUCH POWER IN YOU.”
I started going through my iPhone in between reps and noticed a little difference in the tone of my muscles. It made me feel so proud and realize all of the positive things about my training! THIS IS WHY TAKING PROGRESS PHOTOS IS SO IMPORTANT! They are like an instant reminder of how far you have come.
I’m going to be posting better progress photos later this week! And hopefully my exercise schedule will soon follow. I’m working on getting someone to take some photos of me during my workout to show what moves I do! Thanks again for all of the support and encouragement. It means the WORLD to me. God bless!